Thursday, August 30, 2012

Easy and Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas

Before I got married I never cooked. And by never I mean I actually did not cook. The few years I lived on my own I survived off of Oreos, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Chips and Salsa. Probably not the healthiest diet but it worked back then. Now I have to cook for two and don't want to submit my husband to my previous eating habits. Here is a new found favorite recipe in our home. Delicious and easy enough for the novice cook!

Ingredients
  • 6-8 corn tortillas (enchilada size)
  • Two large chicken breasts
  • 1 cup sweet corn
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 – 10oz can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 – 4oz can chopped green chiles
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Fill each tortilla with shredded chicken, a spoonful of corn and a pinch of cheese.
  3. Roll and place in the bottom of a baking dish with the seam side down.
  4. In a pot over medium heat melt the better. Add flour and whisk into a thick paste.
  5. Add chicken broth, cream of chicken, sour cream, chiles, salt and pepper.
  6. Whisk gently for 5 minutes until warm and smooth.
  7. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining shredded cheese.
  8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve warm.
These smelled so good when I pulled them out of the oven, and Devin and I couldn't help but stuff our faces. It definitely has the husband stamp of approval. So give them a try. They are super easy and super delicious!





1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks delicous :)

    Gonna try making it for the husband here tomorrow night, he will be happy happy!

    ReplyDelete